Viscosity Aid for Water Based Drilling Fluids
Pure Xanthan Gum is high purity xanthan gum polymer used to increase viscosity in all types of water based drilling, completion and work-over fluids. which is environmentally non-damaging and provides the maximum rheology at low dosage concentrations.
Pure Xanthan Gum has the following functions:
- Provides excellent and effective suspension properties limiting settlement of weighting agents and drilled cuttings.
- Has excellent low shear rheology, allowing for maximum lifting and removal of drilled solids.
- Effective in both weighted and low solids mud over a wid PH range and in all types of saturated brines.
- Effective shear thinning agent promoting low bit viscosity for maximum attrition rates and high annular viscosity for effective hole cleaning.
- Non-damaging to formations and can be easily removed with acids and oxidizing agent.
- Manintans performance at down-hole temperatures in excess of 270 deg F.
Concentrations in the range of 0.25 – 2.0 lb/bbl are recommended to control drilling mud properties. The quantity used would be dependent on the drilling fluid system, drilling depth and equipment.
Packaged in 50lb and 25 kg multiwall paper sacks.
Legislation and Handling Recommendations:
No Restricted by any regulatory agency. Refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for the product prior to use.