Fluid Loss Control Aid for Water Based Drilling Fluids
Modified Starch is a modified and non-fermenting pre-gelatinized starch based additive for reducing fluid loss in a variety of water based drilling mud. Modified Starch exceeds API and OCMA specifications for drilling starch.
- Reduces the filtration rate of the fluid with minimal effect to the fluid rheology.
- Effective in both weighted and low solids mud over a wide PH range.
- Coats and encapsulates cuttings and solids in the drilling fluid, thereby inhibiting the swelling and disintegration of water sensitive solids.
- Improves the character and consistency of wall cake, thereby reducing the potential for stuck pipe.
- Maintains performance at down-hole temperatures up to 250 deg F.
Concentrations in the range of 1.0-4.0 bbl are recommended to control drilling mud properties. The quantity used would be dependent on the drilling fluid system, drilling depth and equipment.
Packaged in 25 kg multiwall paper sacks and in HDPE big bags.
Legislation and Handling Recommendations:
No Restricted by any regulatory agency. Refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for the product prior to use.