Surfactant for Foam Based Drilling
Special derivative of sodium alcohol ethoxy sulphate blended with chelating agents and water resulting in a high performance drilling foam for air rotary drilling and foam drilling.
Blend of foaming agents and surfactantsis effective in fresh, brackish and hard water and in the presence of small quantities of hydrocarbon.
- Generate stiff and stable foam, effectively carring away cuttings to the surface and increasing penetration rates.
- Will suspend cuttings when circulation is stopped.
- Works in harsh conditions, including high salts and water hardness.
- Has high flash point and is non-corrosive, resulting in safer drilling conditions.
- Environmentally acceptable and readily biodegradable.
- Maintains performance at down-hole temperatures in access of 150 degree.
Concentration in the range of 0.5 – 1.5% based on fluid volume are recommended to obtain suitable foam consistency. To control servere water influx, increase foam concenration and decrease injection rate. The quantity used would be dependent on the drilling fluid system, drilling depth and equipment. It is recommended to pre-treat very hard water with soda ash.
Packaged in 25 and 208 liter HDPE drums.
Legislation and Handling Recommendations:
No Restricted by any regulatory agency. Refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for the product prior to use.