Polyanionic cellulose (PAC HV&LV) is an effective additive for reducing the A.P.I. filtration rate of many water based drilling fluids. PAC HV&LV may also be used to increase viscosity and improve wellhole cleaning in a wide variety of fluid environments. PAC HV&LV provides a cost effective means of improving water based drilling fluid performance.
Applicable Fluid Types:
PAC-HV&LV is applicable in the following general types of fluid systems.
- Freshwater Muds
- Seawater Muds
- Saltwater Muds (up to and including saturation)
- KCL Muds
- Solids Free Brine (NACL and KCL)
- Native Muds
PAC-HV&LV may be used efficiently in the indicated types of fluid to:
- Reduce the filtration rate of the fluid
- Increase and improve the fluid rheology (including suspension and hole cleaning)
- Stabilize fluid rheology in the presence of contaminants
- Coat and encapsulate cutting and solids in the drilling fluid, thereby inhibiting the swelling and disintegration of water sensitive solids.
- Improve the character and consistency of wallcake, thereby reducing the potential for stuck pipe.
Packaged in 25 kg multiwall paper sacks.
Legislation and Handling Recommendations:
No Restricted by any regulatory agency. Refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for the product prior to use.