High temperature Fluid Loss Additive and Rheology Modifier Aid for Water Based Drilling Fluids
Partially Hydrolyzed Polyacrylamide (Liquid) is a liquid emulsion of acrylic co-polymers designed to improve performance of all types water based mud systems (WBM), which imparts shale and bore-hole stability, viscosity modification, lubricity, selective flocculation and assists with fluid loss control.
Partially Hydrolyzed Polyacrylamide (Liquid) provides a cost effective means of controlling drilling fluid characteristics and improving performance in a wide variety of fluid environments.
Applicable Fluid Types:
- Freshwater mud
- Seawater and saltwater mud ( up to and including saturation)
- KCL and Muds with divalent ions
- Solids free brine (NaCL, KCL and CaCL2)
- Provides effeceive control and modification of important drilling fluid properties with immediate effect and with low toxicity.
- Enhances the removalp of drilled solids and improves penetration rates by reducing friction characteristics of the treated drilling fluid.
- Excellent foam stabilizers for air drilling, while improving carrying capacity.
- Improve the character and consistency of wall cake, thereby reducing the potential for stuck pipe.
- Maintains performance at down-hole temperatures in access of 200 degree.
Concentration in the range of 0.5 – 5.0 lb/bbl are recommended. The quantity used would be dependent on the drilling fluid system, drilling depth and equipment.
It is recommended to be added directly via centrifugal mixers or pre-mixed. Bentonite should be added to system prior to adding Hydrolyzed Polyacrylamide. Keep mud density below PH 11.
Packaged in 25 and 208 liter HDPE drums.
Legislation and Handling Recommendations:
No Restricted by any regulatory agency. Refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for the product prior to use.