Viscosity and Filtration Control Aid for Water Based Drilling Fluids.
CMC- LV Carboxy methyl cellulose is an effective additive for reducing the A.P.I. filtration rate in most water based drilling fluids. CMC- LV provides no appreciable increase in mud viscosity and provides a cost effective means of improving water based drilling fluid performance.
Applicable Fluid Types:
CMC-LV is applicable in the following general types of fluid systems.
- Freshwater Muds
- Seawater Muds
- Saltwater Muds (up to and including saturation)
- KCL Muds
- Solids Free Brine (NACL and KCL)
- Native Muds
CMC-LV may be used efficiently in the indicated types of fluid to:
- Reduce the filtration rate of the fluid
- Increase and improve the fluid rheology (including suspension and hole cleaning)
- Stabilize fluid rheology in the presence of contaminants
- Coat and encapsulate cutting and solids in the drilling fluid, thereby inhibiting the swelling and disintegration of water sensitive solids.
- Improve the character and consistency of wallcake, thereby reducing the potential for stuck pipe.
Typical Product Application
The following information recommends typical treatment of CMC-LV in various types of fluid systems.
Packaged in 25 kg multiwall paper sacks.
Legislation and Handling Recommendations:
No Restricted by any regulatory agency. Refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for the product prior to use.